WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- All Consumer Products. Popular categories include: Food, Beverage (alcohol & Non-alcohol), House care, Skin/hair care, Make up, Feminine & Baby care, Health & Oral care, Male grooming, Electrical product.
- Product must be NEW, and launched within a period of 18 months.
- Product must be INNOVATIVE whether in Design, Function or Packaging.
The 4 Steps to Selection
- All submitted products will be reviewed by a panel of industry professionals and renowned experts from various fields (such as marketing, media, government officials) to ensure that the innovation criteria are met.
- The expert committee will then select the shortlisted products.
- The Shortlisted participants will be charged a mandatory Research Fee to proceed with the 3rd Step: The Consumer Survey.
- All shortlisted products in their corresponding categories will be presented to the regional research specialist Nielsen to proceed with the survey targeting a representative panel of over 5,000 Consumers in China.
- The study will assess the shortlisted products through the largest consumer survey, and will identify the winners based on the innovation index. The 4 criteria for the index are: Perceived Innovation, Attractiveness, Purchase Intent and Product Testing.
- Winners and shortlisted participants will both receive the survey reports of their respective categories.
- The survey reports will include valuable insights and data on the category.
- The product which scores highest within a category will be announced as a “Winner” of Product of the Year in its respective category.
- Winners will celebrate among hundreds of distinguished guests at the Product of the Year Awards Night Ceremony.
- The winning product will be granted an one-year license to use the Product of the year logo on all communication material and media channels.
- Winners will be charged a mandatory License Fee to use the logo